Big Three Oh - happy birthday to me!(edit)
I turned 30 years old, much to the dismay of my real world colleagues - who still think I'm 17! Perhaps if I shave my beard off...
I've actually been looking forward to turning 30. I've been working towards this kind of "stable" version of myself over the last few years. Getting to know myself (not that way you cheeky buggers) and understanding what I want.
In fact, the last year has been a pretty successful one for me:
- I started jQuery for Designers and it receives almost 3 times the amount of traffic compared to this blog and only contains 12 articles.
- I've been approached about writing a book of jQuery for Designers - very flattering and plan to take it up.
- I've done my first 3 public speaking gigs.
- Finally got out of the flat and attended some local meetups (particularly SkillSwaps), and made a few friends in the process.
- Left Logic (my business) is going very, very well. Clients are approaching me for new and interesting work and I'm always excited when they've found me through one of my sites.
- Finally resigned, entirely, from DL, after 9 1/2 years, though have been scaling down the days over the last few years as I was given time to focus on building Left Logic.
- Cycled from London to Paris (and Tweeted it)
Finally, I'm most proud of myself, for attending the gym for the last 9 months, going 6-8 times a week and now I've got back down to the same waist size I was when I was 22 and clothes fit me again that I used to wear in the 90s...though apparently that's not a reason to wear my shiny tight red top according to my wife :-D
I'm really looking forward to the next era of my life, I'm planning on moving to a co-working office space in Brighton (perhaps the Werks), I want to grow my business and take on employees who are as passionate about the web as I am, I'm thinking about running a workshop course at some point in the next year or two and I'm likely to have started a family with my rockin' wife.
📚 Read more: the latest post or a random post.