I've had this link open in my browser nearly a month after seeing Jeremy posting it. This list makes up the core ethics for working on the web. It's something I feel is worthy of re-reading every week to strengthen the message in my head.
- There is one web
- The web should not cause harm to society
- The web must support healthy community and debate
- The web is for all people
- Security and privacy are essential
- The web must enable freedom of expression
- The web must make it possible for people to verify the information they see
- The web must enhance individuals' control and power
- The web must be an environmentally sustainable platform
- The web is transparent
- The web is multi-browser, multi-OS and multi-device
- People should be able to render web content as they want
Apply these ethics and you'll build a solid and strong web, for everyone.